- Lightweight injection molded ABS/PC alloy shell
- Communication System Support Ready
- Adjustable Chin Strap
- VIVS VOSS internal visor system is built in drop down eye shade that is removed or replaced in seconds with tools
- Fully adjustable ratchet quick release retention system
- High quality moisture wicking soft satin easy-care liner / Removable & hand washable to reduce moisture and odor
- Dual air-flow top vents and lower vent with a large closable exhaust port vent for controlled internal temperature
- Spring-loaded visor, and neck skirt to minimize internal wind noise
- ECE Certified
- DOT FMVSS 218 Certified
- 1650 grams
- Reviews (111)
Worth the price, and feels great
It took a few tweaks to get everything right -- I ordered the wrong size helmet for example, but Voss had my back and corrected the pad size needed. My Sena 20s wired in just right, and the provided cutouts fit my speakers perfectly. As for the helmet itself: it's lightweight (about half the weight of the lid it's replacing), wind noise is low thanks to the provided chin skirt-- I picked up a smoke visor, and it works well even with the built in drop down sunshade and does the job in the bright Florida sun. I had a few cosmetic concerns that I shared with Voss directly preciously; but on arrival one of the top vents was slightly out of place, and I noticed the top layer of paint (or sticker?) is peeling up around the left side of the helmet where the visor latch is located. Again these are petty cosmetic issues, and likely from just being a first-run purchase. The overall quality is fantastic. The airflow is masterful, and you feel like you are in a $500 helmet.
This is the second helmet I've bought from Voss. This time it was for myself. Highly recommend this helmet. Super light weight and fits perfect.
Loving The 988!!
I have the 601 D2 in white and just got the 988 in blue and I am absolutely loving them. Lightweight with the sun visors and cutouts for my Sena speakers. The fit is extremely comfortable. Airflow is amazing and not too much wind noise with the vents open. Hardly any noise with them closed.
I just received my helmet and I love it! The only thing is I ordered a small witch the cm according to the size chart should be 55-56. The sinside padding I got is 57-58 cm witch that should be for a medium. So fitting a lil bit big for me to were I open my visor my helmet moves.